Mission Statement

Hate Christians? You'll love me.

"If I have to boast, I will boast of what pertains to my weakness."

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Work in Progress

So the next question that one might come to after "what does the title of your blog mean?" is "what does the whole sub-title about, "If you hate Christians, you'll love me"?
Well, it goes a little something like this.
I am not a Christian whose testimony begins later in life, meaning I grew up in the church. So when I run into people who hardcore hate the church and its members, the first thing they try to do is shock me with their tales of how terrible Christians are and what terrible hypocrites we all are, and on and on and on.
Yawn.
Please people. Get in line. I have been in church for over twenty years. Don't you think I have seen all this? I have been through my own church hopping phase of searching for that "perfect" church where those "perfect" Christians attend, and guess what, it ain't gonna happen.
I have the same love/hate relationship that many atheists/agnostics have with the church. I hate the same things that we (oh, I myself am so not excluded from doing them,) as Christians do to make ourselves unattractive to the world as a whole. And I am here to confess to them. I am not sweeping them under the rug.
So that is why you will love me.
But what makes me different from the atheist/agnostic community? The disgust I have for myself and other brethren when we misbehave has only deepened my love for God. If God could love a fallen race of people like us, not only love, but send His Son to willfully die for us, how incredibly awesome is He?
Truthfully, much of the time, I contemplate becoming a monk and just spending time with God because He is way cooler than all of you.
But since God loves everyone, I am making an effort as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment