Mission Statement

Hate Christians? You'll love me.

"If I have to boast, I will boast of what pertains to my weakness."

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Tired

I don't do anything, yet I am tired. All the time. Like it is exhausting to watch television most of the day. Okay, I take care of my puppy, which is really something. And I take care of the house, the food, the laundry. So I have been better, but it is so easy when I fail to fall all the way down into a deep den of depression. I feel like I suck at life. So why am I so hard on myself? If a friend came to me with these issues I would easily pick up on all the positive in their lives. In ten seconds I could list ten reasons to not be so down. So why can't I do that to myself? Why is it always all or nothing with me? Thousands of years ago, Jesus knew all my failures. He knew failures I haven't even attempted at this point in my life. Knowing it all, he was still beaten for me. He was still spit upon for me. He still suffered the world's worst form of torture. For me. Why? Because no matter how messy my life gets, Jesus thinks it was worth it. Not that I bring Him anything. But because of His incredible love for me (and you) He sits at the right hand of God and says, "Yes she's a mess. But she is mine." And because of this love, I should always remember to get up from wherever I have fallen and follow Him. Because I think when someone dies for you, you have the responsibility to try to see things their way.

No comments:

Post a Comment