Mission Statement

Hate Christians? You'll love me.

"If I have to boast, I will boast of what pertains to my weakness."

Friday, February 1, 2013

Falling Down

So like a little old lady I have fallen all over the place lately. I fell once on the sidewalk going to get my mail. And then again on the step of my neighbors whilst they watched me try to carry groceries and talk on the phone.
But humorous as these occasions may be, I am here to talk about another plunge I recently took.
Since my absence on this blog I have been deep in depression. I mean over my head. And when that happens I cease all function. I don't brush my teeth. I don't shower. I may eat nothing or I may eat everything. No matter what I do all I feel is numb.
So I am stepping out here and saying that I feel nothing. And doesn't that make for some interesting reading?
One of the worst attacks on us as humans is, I believe, the feeling that we are alone in something. And that is my point today. I want to stand up and shout that I know, I KNOW, I am not alone in this depression. I am not the only person who woke up today, or never went to sleep, and I feel completely numb. Pain is almost welcome when it means that some emotion makes it through the dense fog of depression.
So don't believe the lie. Whatever it means to you, know you are never alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment