Mission Statement

Hate Christians? You'll love me.

"If I have to boast, I will boast of what pertains to my weakness."

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Be Ready

Now that everyone has their pants on per the last blog post, it is time to be ready to defend yourselves.

One of my favorite Bible verses is 1 Peter 3:15 - "but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence;"

Are you always ready to defend your faith? Sometimes the challenges come from the weirdest places at the most unexpected times. When I am turned upside down by a challenge I usually stutter and don't get out any discernible answer. I test well in controlled situations, but my action reflex is not always ready for the outside.

Also, remember that our answers are to be with gentleness and reverence. We are not supposed to take out our Bible and bash people in the head, or criticize that they don't know the answers. (I am especially bad about this with newbie Christians.) We are called to be gentle and respectful. Many, and I mean many many, have stories of Christians who are neither. I do and the person asking (or baiting) may too. How many lives could be saved if we just followed Peter's advice here?

No comments:

Post a Comment